Thursday, April 28, 2011

Former Miss USA: 

TSA Agent “Touched My Vagina”

 

Susie Castillo was crowned Miss USA (not Miss America) back in 2003. She recently made a trip to Rio and on her return trip through Dallas was given a pat-down that she found both intrusive and upsetting. This is video of her describing what happened just a few minutes after the pat-down by a female TSA agent:






Given the poor treatment people of all ages have been given at the hands of the TSA, this shouldn’t surprise anyone. While her case would be stronger if she had video of the pat-down itself, I think it’s safe to assume those are real tears.
Notice Mrs. Castillo says she underwent a previous pat down on this same trip which was not problematic. So this is not a case of someone who has simply never experienced a pat-down finding it unpleasant. She’s objecting to the specific procedure she underwent at this airport:
What bothered me most was when she ran the back of her hands down my behind, felt around my breasts, and even came in contact with my vagina! Honestly, I was in shock, especially since the woman at LAX never actually touched me there. The TSA employee at DFW touched private area 4 times, going up both legs from behind and from the front, each time touching me there. Was I at my gynecologist’s office? No! This was crazy!
On one hand, TSA could claim this is just a case of one employee in need of retraining. On the other hand, this incident begs the same question that is raised every time the TSA frisks someone who is extremely unlikely to be planning any sort of terror attack. Why are TSA’s procedures so stupid?
I just kept thinking, “What have I done to deserve this treatment as an upstanding, law-abiding American citizen?” Am I a threat to US security? I was Miss USA, for Pete’s sake!
It’s a perfectly good question, and yet in each previous incident like this, TSA has assured us that everything was done properly. In this case, that might be a bit harder if only because the offended party is not a horrified child but an articulate woman who will likely be invited to make appearances on a few TV shows. She has already organized a petition on Twitter aimed at the TSA blog team.
Can “Blogger Bob” once again justify what happened here? He can try, but let’s face it… If your procedure leads you to vigorously frisk Miss USA for a bomb, there’s a problem with your procedure.




 
o
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment